Sunday, 11 April 2010

2 Woodpeckers!

Last year i enjoyed having a Green Woodpecker hanging out on the field across from my house, it ended up being quite a fun game as i'd look out the bedroom window and if he was close enough to the path that runs alongside the field i'd race downstairs and grab my camera to try and get too good photo and not scare him off....nearly every time he either saw me first or by the time i got out there he'd moved further away, fun though!

Recently a single Woodie has been back on the field but this morning i looked out the window and was greeted by this site....2 of them! They were dancing around each other and feeding, a bit far away and awful grey weather for a decent photo but nice to see them around, hopefully they will hang about all summer together and once again we can play the game! They'll probably win...

1 comment:

  1. I don't often see a Green Woody, so I'm envious that you have them so close, Ben. I did catch up with a couple of them on Friday, however!

    ReplyDelete