Monday, 21 September 2009

Portugal 2009

I recently visited the Algarve region of Portugal for a week holiday with Erin, was a great part of the world and had a brilliant time. The region is rich with wildlife and luckily i got to spend some time observing it. A big thanks goes to Simon Wates (http://algarvebirdman.com/default.asp?o=10478) who spent a day showing me around, without an expert of the local area i definitely wouldn't have had the opportunity to see so many birds! Although saying that i did manage to spot a fair bit just taking local trips from my resort. So much was seen that i am going to seperate these posts into a few parts, this first section is focusing on the smaller birds i saw and future posts will focus on the raptors, sea birds, waders and other wildlife i saw. Hope everyone enjoys seeing my pictures, my new Nikon 300mm F4 lens is definitely helping me get some great shots and these were all great moments for me. I have included species names and where they were seen as this may inspire others thinking of visiting Portugal of places to visit. Cheers! Ben.

Western Bonelli's Warbler (Sagres)


Red Rumped Swallow (Lagoa Dos Salgados)


Crested Lark (Lagoa Dos Salgados)


Zitting Cisticola (Lagoa Dos Salgados)


Southern Grey Shrike (Lagoa Dos Salgados)


Cattle Egret (Albufeira)


Stonechat (Sagres)


Crested Tit (Sagres)


Thekla Lark (Sagres)


Willow Warbler (Sagres)


Sub-Alpine Warbler (Sagres)


Willow Warbler (Sagres)


Pied Flycatcher (Sagres)


Sardinian Warbler - Male (Sagres)


Sardinian Warbler - Female (Sagres)


Spotless Starling (Sagres)


Hoopoe (Vilamoura)


Little Egret (Vilamoura)

1 comment:

  1. great shots man! You'll have to let me know the details of the places you went to - I would love to go too.

    ReplyDelete